My tee-niny lil blog was nominated for the Liebster award by my friend – I mean independent judge – Spring. Spring blogs over at Tilyou Triplets. Thanks Spring! It took me a month to respond, but better late than never!
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to help a sistah out and give other bloggers an extra boost in exposure.
Here are the rules:
– Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
– Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
– Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
– Display the Liebster Award logo.
– No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
The questions asked of me are below:
1. What was your reaction when you found out you were expecting multiples? We had just had two miscarriages, so being pregnant with two seemed very meaningful to us. We always say that those little souls wanted to be born together, as twins.
2. What was your spouse’s reaction? Yes! Buy one get one free!
3. How did you tell your family/friends?
It was a huge shock to everyone, because my first two children are grown. So I went around telling people “I have some news to share. I’m pregnant.” Usually the response was something like “OH MY!” and then I’d say “With Twins” and people’s eyes would get big and they’d say “OH MY!”. My favorite response was one of my colleagues. Apparently he had some PTSD and his gut response was to tell me “They’re not mine!”.
4. What is your favorite activity to do at home with the kids?
We love to hang out in our mac daddy play room and…well, play. With toys. In the play room.
5. Where is your favorite place to go as a family?
We are an on-the-go family! You can find us at restaurants, out shopping, taking a walk, at the beach, at the park, etc. No one favorite place, yet.
6. What is your easy, go to meal for the kids?
Umm, jarred organic baby food. 🙂
7. What do you do for yourself for fun?
I used to read, crochet and generally engage in fun, quiet tasks. These days I read celebrity magazines for fun, because my attention span is
8. What is your dream family vacation?
Road trip in an RV Camper across the country to all the National Parks! Imma do it one day with my little family. Hopper gets a lifetime “Access Pass” to the National Parks because of his disability. It entitles him – and 4 adults- to free admission to all national parks for life!
9. DIY or store bought?
In my idealistic world, DIY. In my real world, store-bought.
10. Are you a routine/schedule follower or fly by the seat of your pants type?
I don’t like to keep a routine. I like to have a world of possibilities.
11. Where is one place you would NEVER take your multiples?
The circus. We’ll never do that, because of animal exploitation. I feel very passionately about that. I can barely take them to the zoo! I do, but I feel a ton of guilt over it.
Here are the blogs I’m nominating:
That’s all I’ve got for now. I realize that’s not 11, but the verdict is out. I need to start reading more blogs! If you have a new blog that you’d like nominated, and you’re clever and spunky, let me know!
Questions to answer:
1. If you could go on any kind of vacation with your kids, what would it be?
2. Regular school, homeschooling, or unschooling?
3. What is an average day like with your children?
4. How involved is your spouse/partner?
5. What is your favorite place you’ve ever lived?
6. What type of friend are you?
7. What do you look for in a friend?
8. Are you done having children?
9. Gourmet cook? Short order cook? Take-out?
10. What’s your dream date?
11. What do you enjoy most about blogging?